Sunday, June 22, 2008

Our first trip to the hospital. . .and 38 weeks!!

This past week was a bit scary. I felt tons of movement on Monday from our little Levi. He was just kicking away! Well, Tuesday there was less movement. . .well, not so much less movement, just lighter movements. . .I still had enough - they say to count 10 movements each hour. . .but, I was really keeping a close eye on things. . .figuring that Wednesday he would be back to bouncing around. This has certainly been a pattern for Levi - where he'll move tons one day, and will chill the next day - but then move again the following day. Wednesday I kept another close watch on movements. . .and felt like they were consistent with Tuesday's movements. . .Thursday when I woke up, I was determined to make him move - and move hard. But, I couldn't get much results. I started to panic some. . .and asked Brian to come talk to him to see if he would move. He did, but just not hard enough. It's difficult to explain, but I just didn't feel comforted by his movements. I decided to go ahead and stay home that day, and just lay low - laying down and resting. Kenzi woke up and I was certain he would bounce around when she talked to him. . .he always does. . .but, again, it wasn't much - so I decided to call the doctor. They called me back and said they wanted me to go ahead and go to the hospital for a non-stress test. Of course not long after I called the nurse, he started moving quite a bit. . .and although I felt better with that - I still wanted to hear and have definitive information that he was doing just fine. We went to the hospital and they put us on the monitor. He was moving like crazy - his heartrate was fluctuating like they like to see, and so, it was just a matter of time before we were discharged and sent on home with the reassurance that everything was going to be just fine! I was so relieve to not have to rely on what I was feeling - but could HEAR that he was doing just fine! You can listen to his heartbeat in this video. . .the most precious sound!!

The next morning I went to see my doctor, Dr. Finke, and everything looked really great! She does want me to come back this next week to have a sonogram. She's concerned that he might be getting too big. His heartrate at the appointment was 136. There was no protein in my urine as there was last week, and my blood pressure continues to look good. I have gained a total of 17 pounds. Dr. Finke also said my cervix has softened more than it had the previous week - but there is still no dilation at this point. I am definitely ready to hold this little boy. . .and am trying to keep my mind open to this week's sonogram and appointment. I don't want to get my hopes up that I'll be induced!

Mom and Dad came into town this weekend to take Gary and Tony back to Spring with them for the week. We had a great weekend. . .I have a beautiful computer that is working so wonderfully now! (which explains all the posting! I will tell you a secret though - I'm in my recliner with my keyboard in my lap so I can have my right foot elevated. . .it's taken on a new shape and is quite FAT and swollen!!)

Mom and I washed all of Levi's clothes for 0-3 months, blankets, washcloths, towels, bibs, and sheets. . .We also packed his bag for the hospital. It's just hard to know how big he'll be - so I'm not quite sure what he'll wear home. I have a couple of options. Kenzi's going home outfit was easy because it was a dress, and it really was easy to not be too concerned. . .but, I really don't want his outfit to completely swallow him! So, we'll just wait and see. We also bought letters to make up Levi's name and painted them for his room. They turned out cute.

I really just need to get my bag ready for the hospital. I can't believe I haven't done that yet. It's hard to pack ahead of time. I did have Mom take a picture of my belly. I even took a couple bare belly shots, and I'll share this one with you. . .

Gary (17) and Tony (13) are growing up. . .it's awesome to get to see them both. . .and so here's a picture from today before they headed to Spring with Nana and Papa. I love that they'll get to see Levi after he's born! They'll be here in Texas with their mom through the middle of July and then will head to Virginia together to be with Brian.

Well, that's all for now - we're just waiting for God's little miracle to be born!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Looks like we had pretty similar weeks with baby movement! LOL! Thankfully both little ones are okay!

I loved all the pictures! Gary and Tony are getting SO big! I can't believe it!

So how much do you want to bet that Levi will be here before Alex and Andrew??????

R and R Stacy said...

Glad everything was fine with the baby. Love the letters you painted for his room. Too cute!!

adawn412 said...

Hilarious...because I was in France this is the first time in a week that I've had to check the blog and now he's HERE! hee hee Can't wait to meet him!!! YIPPEE!!! Love you!!