She had a wonderful birthday on May 28th. We had her party the weekend prior at the Don Misenhimer park. She wanted a soccer theme. . .and this was after she told me, "Mom, I can just have a princess party since we already have princess napkins at home." Well, the princess napkins were from her 4th birthday party. I assured her we could change the theme up, and buy new napkins for her party this year! How precious is that? I think we're being successful in teaching her to be frugal. . .although maybe I need to work on that as well! Ha!
We really had a great time at her party. I never book the pavilion there, it's pretty expensive, especially on Memorial Day weekend. . .but, we've been successful in being able to utilize it for two years - her 3rd and 4th birthday party. This year, however, there was a huge party there - so we walked on over to the other side of the park where they had a picnic bench, and tons of trees. We always have come prepared to have chairs for seating, so it really turned out just fine. Kenzi wanted a pinata this year, and so we found one at Party City that was a soccer ball. She also wanted a cookie cake instead of cake. . .she's the only child I know who doesn't like cake. . .but, she doesn't. So, after much thought and pricing of cookie cakes, I figured I could make this cake myself! So, I did! It turned out very yummy, and Kenzi was really excited about it. I'm sorry I don't have pictures to upload from her party. Unfortunately my computer crashed, and so I don't have them saved on this computer.
On her actual birthday, Brian decorated for her - so when she woke up, she would realize that it was her birthday. It's funny, but this is the first year for her to realize that her birthday party was on a different day than her birthday. . .each year before she has been really confused, and tells us very adamantly that she already has had her birthday. . .or basically just that her birthday party day is her birthday. . .this year she figured that out. She kept saying at her party that she wasn't 5 yet - it was just her birthday party day. But, on her birthday we bought a cookie cake at Kroger to take to school for her to share with her friends. . .and then when we got home that afternoon, we took her to On the Border for dinner where she wanted them to sing to her, until she saw someone else being sung to - the problem was that he was older, and so they had him doing silly things - like waving his arms like a bird while they sang. . .and putting a cone cup in his mouth as a beak. . .she didn't care for that and didn't want us to have them sing to her. . .only they had already been asked. . .and were headed our way. She just had a terrible look on her face as they sang, but was fine afterall.
We also took her afterwards to buy her a betta. She had been wanting a fish, and since I've had bettas before, I figured that was a good fish for her - one that would last, that is pretty easy to take care of. . .and one she would enjoy. She named her betta, Kate. We nearly managed to kill Kate with the change in water. . .or scenery. . .or whatever. . .I'm not sure. We didn't think she was going to make it - but I did a few things - put her back in the bowl she came in - and used different water. . .and after a week of not eating. . .she finally started to eat and really looked much better. Now we have a pretty purple fish who is eating and doing just fine. Oh - we didn't really tell Kenzi which fish to pick out - and subsequently, she picked a "boy" fish as is labeled on the bowl. . .only, we refer to Kate as a girl.
The Thursday after her birthday was her preschool graduation from Cross of Christ Lutheran School. It was a very exciting day for Kenzi and for us, too! Kenzi got to wear a little blue gown and a hat as well. The kids sang a couple of songs for everyone too. Kenzi really enjoyed the year with Mrs. Hinckley as her teacher and Ms. Candy and Ms. Stella as the aids on her room. She made quite a few friends, and is really missing them this summer. She is such a big girl!!! She is definitely ready for Kindergarten - only she will be going to public school in Mansfield at DP Morris Elementary.
1 comment:
I can not believe she's 5 already. Seems like just yesterday that you had her at MDO with all of us. Wow - how time flys!!
Post a Comment