Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Levi Ashton Kreymer born June 27, 2008

JUST A QUICK RECAP SINCE I HAVEN'T BLOGGED SINCE BEFORE HIS ARRIVAL. . .

He was born Friday, June 27 at 10:19pm. He weighed 7lbs 4ounces and was 19.5 inches long. (Although after our pediatrician appointment on June 30th, he measured 20 1/4" long - so he must have been mismeasured in the hospital!)
I went in Thursday afternoon to the doctor for my appointment and she went ahead and sent me to the hospital for a treatment to help soften my cervix. Mackenzi and I headed over there at 3:00pm and started the treatment. The medication they gave me generally will have an affect about 6 hours after treatment. . .however, I started having contractions within the hour observation period. They discharged me and we headed out to Mackenzi's indoor soccer game. My contractions continued throughout the evening, finding us at the triage at the hospital that night around 11pm. They gave me a shot of demerol and sent me home. My parents headed into town and arrived around 2:30am. Throughout the night, I continued contracting, but did get some rest. Then Friday morning when we woke up, we started counting contractions. They continued throughout the morning and on into the afternoon. We decided to head to the hospital around 3:00 and was VERY disappointed to find out I was still only dilated to the same 1 cm I was the night before in the triage. However, they continued to monitor me for the hour as is standard, and within that hour, she came back to check me and I had dilated to a 3-4cm. I was so relieved to know that the pain I was experiencing was going to finally allow us to be admitted!
Unfortunately, Friday was a busy day for babies to be born and I was not the priority because I was not a high risk pregnancy. This meant that I didn't get a room right away, and didn't get an epidural very quickly either. . .so, I continued to work through the contractions until about 6:30 when my best friend came in to help relieve some of the pain! I was already dilated to a 6 by then. After the epidural, I was good for the wait. . .which, thankfully wasn't too long - I was dilated to a 10 by 10pm and he was born 19 minutes later! He is such a blessing!

AND BACK TO TODAY. . .

Today was our 2 week appointment. I was a bit concerned about his weight because he had lost a little more when we took him in the Monday after he was born - he had dropped down to 6lbs 9 1/2 ounces. . .When we took him today he had gained back up to 7lbs 7ounces - so he's gained an additional 3 ounces. He's doing really well, and the doctor doesn't need to see him until he's 2 months old. Unfortunately it's "feeding time" and so I'll have to finish this later!

1 comment:

adawn412 said...

YEA! So glad the appointment went well! Excellent news! Give him kisses for me :)