ROCKWAY SHOWER
Our hometeam hosted a shower for us on June 8th. It was at our pastor and his wife's house, Keith & Sarah Wiginton. It was a lot of fun. We had several stories to tell from the shower. . .after we got there, our friend Kelly came rushing in with the cake. She had her little daughter Bayley with her. She and Sarah were talking and then Sarah looked at me and said that Kelly had been through quite a bit to get the cake there! Apparently Bayley wanted to see what the cake was about and leaned over it and destroyed the top of it! Kelly was so frazzled by the time she called Costco and managed to get it taken care of. She apologized that it didn't have Levi's name on it - and told me how cute the top of the other cake was! I felt sorry for her! I hated being the reason she was so frazzled. The cake was a very yummy, yummy cake!
Our hostesses also prepared a couple of scrapbook pages for the guests to write blessings/prayers for baby Levi Garrett. When I saw that, I just knew right away that I wasn't going to say anything, and that I knew how easily it would be to cover up Garrett, since that isn't Levi's middle name. I wasn't too worried about it until I overheard someone asking Brian what Levi's middle name was. Then I stepped into the kitchen, and walked back in. Sarah looked at me and said, "What is Levi's middle name? Did we get it wrong?" And I just smiled and told her that his middle name is Ashton, and that it would be no problem for me to fix that on the scrapbook page. She said the person who told her that was POSITIVE of his middle name. Which was funny because it happened to be a friend of mine, Stephanie, from my Bible study. Then she came over and said she was sorry, she knew we had just talked about his name the previous Monday at our study. It was funny.
We are truly blessed to be a part of a church family who is so loving and caring. I believe wholeheartedly that God put us there. At the beginning of my pregnancy, I wanted them, especially our hometeam, to know right away that we were pregnant because I felt that we needed as many prayer warriors as possible to be praying with us for a healthy pregnancy. The love and support that we have been shown throughout this entire process has been truly incredible. I wanted so desperately to share how special they all are to me at the shower, but I knew I wouldn't make it through telling them. . .I did, however, ask that a group picture be taken. I want to be sure to tell Levi how much he was prayed for by all of them. They are very special to us, and to him. Here is a collective picture of Levi's gifts from the shower. 
1 comment:
What a blessing...
Love ya!
Post a Comment