This little life that came to us almost 3 weeks ago is absolutely precious! I can't even put into words how incredible it has been. With our previous history of miscarrying a baby - I think our poor hearts have been so burdened with almost not believing that he was real - my entire pregnancy was filled with worries and fears and at the same time elation that I was pregnant and that everything was going well. I kept believing that when I reached certain milestones I would stop worrying. . .like when I surpass where I was when I miscarried, I would stop worrying. . .or when I reached the sonogram and saw how precious he was I would stop worrying. . .and on into my 3rd trimester with when I had my last sonogram appointment, I would stop worrying. . .and sadly, I couldn't get past worrying. I tried - and I would cling to my faith to attempt to stop worrying. . .and to my credit, I did allow my saviour to comfort me throughout - unfornately I would allow the enemy to creep back in in no time. . .
And so now, we are at 3 weeks, and one would think I would have stopped worrying - and I guess in some ways, I have. . .but in other ways I have added new reasons to worry. . .the latest being that he wasn't eating enough to gain weight. . .when we took him to the doctor the day after we came home from the hospital, he weighed 6lbs 9 1/2 ounces. . .and the doctor explained that it was a little lower than they would have liked to have seen. . .and so, that created great panic in my mind. Thankfully when we took him this past week, he had surpassed his birth weight and had an additional 3 ounces to boot. . .and, I can almost say that today I had a wonderful day just enjoying him the way I know God wants us to!
I've known all along throughout this pregnancy that I would regret worrying so much and not trusting Jesus enough. . .and I have felt that way - I really knew I would. . .and so with today, I'm so thankful for this precious little boy - he's truly incredible.
Yesterday morning I took him into his room to change his clothes. I laid him in his bed and he was so content! We have been having him sleep in the bassinet in our room at night and during the day he sleeps in a little bouncer, or in the evening on Daddy's chest. . .and so when I laid him in his bed and he seemed so happy, I let him stay there - and look around. . .he did that for about 15 or 20 minutes. . .when I picked him up, he looked sleepy, and so I changed him and put him back in his bed. I put him a little on his side and he slept in there for about 1 1/2 hours. Here's a sweet picture of him sleeping in there. 
Then later on that evening. . I was playing with yet another new camera (yes, I broke another one) and took some black and white pictures of Levi and Mackenzi. It was a lot of fun, Kenzi was cracking up because Levi was starting to get hungry and was rooting on her. This picture is one of the first ones I took. Mackenzi chose the way they were laying, so we can give her the credit for how sweet it turned out.
2 comments:
Congratulations, Kristi!! I'm so happy for your sweet family.
Congrats!! You have a beautiful family!!!
Post a Comment