Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Talks about God
Last night I had the opportunity to talk with Mackenzi about God. It's not that this was the first time, mind you, but she said something to me that really impressed upon me how her mind functions! A dear friend of mine called me and asked for prayer for her dad, who had stopped breathing. She was frantic, and in the middle of knowing whether he was going to live or not. Unfortunately he was unable to be revived, and Mackenzi heard me tell Brian after I hung up the phone that he had passed away and had gone to be with Jesus. It sparked some questions that she had in her mind - like, "Will he ever come back?" "Is he dead?" "Where is he?" And so I turned out conversation from the fact that Robin's dad had passed away to more that while he is not here on earth, he is living in Heaven because he chose to accept Jesus into his life and to live for him. I explained to her that one day she will make that decision to ask Jesus into her heart and will choose to live for him as well. Then she informed me that God was in her heart. Which I agreed, that God is living inside of us. Then she asked me if she'll die. Which, I did tell her that one day, yes, she will die as well - but if she accepts Jesus into her heart, she will live with him in Heaven after she dies. Then she looked at me, puzzled, and asked, "Well, if I ask Jesus to come into my heart, will God just get out?" What a very practical way to view God and Jesus living in her heart - and her feeling that they can't do it at the same time. Of course she can't understand the Trinity - but, I just explained to her that they could both live in her heart, there would be no need for choosing between the two. I was so glad to have this "open" conversation with her, because it occurred to me after she asked that question, what if she never asked the question, and was afraid to ask Jesus to come into her heart for fear of "kicking" God out?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment