Thursday, February 21, 2008

LEVI ASHTON KREYMER

Yesterday was our sonogram to find out if the baby is doing great - which HE is! He's measuring 20 weeks and 6 days, where I'm at 20 weeks 3 days. The technician assured me that as long as we're within a two week time frame, all is well. So, no worries. I'm still at a two pound weight gain - which is not a problem either. . .the baby is growing just fine. It was such an awesome experience seeing the baby moving around on the monitor and hearing that each area of his body that was measured was right on track. . .his head, his kidneys, his spine, his 4 chambered heart. . .just incredible. It did take quite a while for little Levi to show us that he's a boy. Literally, she had me turning on my side, and back again on my back. . .then pushing like crazy on my belly trying to get him to uncross those legs at the knees! But, he finally revealed what we were looking for, and all is well! After the sonogram was over, the technician was able to tell me that he was 9 inches long from head to toe and weighed 13 ounces.

Mackenzi and Brian were with me in the sonogram, but Brian had to head back to work right afterwards. Kenzi really didn't say much, and Brian and I both didn't say too much either - I think we really felt like we were having a boy, so it was just confirmation, I suppose. We both realized that it was possible we'd leave there a little surprised, but really didn't expect to leave with pink on the mind.

I waited for the doctor, and managed to give mom a quick call to let her know that we were having a boy - and then when the doctor didn't come in right away - I decided to send a text message to people in my phone book - "It's a boy!" that's all it said. . .but, because I hadn't seen the doctor yet, I couldn't answer the several phone calls and many texts that I received back. It was quite hilarious though - I think I had about 10 texts and 3 messages by the time I finished with Dr. Finke and made it to the desk to check out. The lady behind the desk realized that I had text messages and seemed concerned about whether my husband knew what we were having yet! But I explained that he was in the room with us - and then she remembered seeing him head on out previously.

Kenzi and I headed to Academy to get her a soccer ball for practice that was supposed to start today, but she didn't like their selection. They really only had one ball in her size - so I agreed. . . and so we went to Target. We got the ball, and then Kenzi and I decided that Levi needed something too! So we picked out a little romper with construction trucks on it. It's so precious.

To our surprise, when we watched our video of the sonogram last night, we were able to hear the heartbeat audibly! It was really fun!

I hope to upload pictures as soon as I can, so they are forthcoming!

No comments: