I'm in week 10 of my pregnancy. It's very exciting to be this far, and things to seemingly be doing well. It's incredible, as much as it was when I was pregnant with Kenzi, to know that there is a baby growing inside of me - forming all they need to live in this life! It is so humbling. And I think that because it has been such a challenge, that I feel I can appreciate this experience so much. The past couple of days have been challenging for me as I have wanted to get so much accomplished, and attempt to - but then realize that resting is really what my body desires!
Mackenzi is so excited. When people find out I'm pregnant, one of their first or second questions is what does Mackenzi think of the baby? It doesn't take much if you know her to know that she is more than thrilled. She is attacking my belly all the time wanting to kiss it and touch it. The other night she asked me if when the baby comes out, when the baby is still small, can he or she sleep with her? This past weekend I went to get my hair done. It was early Saturday morning, and she wanted to go with me to the salon. I kept telling her that she needed to stay home and play, that there is nothing for her to do while I'm getting my hair done. Well, then she said, "But Mom, I need to be with the baby!" Very creatively manipulative! But, nonetheless, I told her she needed to stay at home. She would be fine. Several weeks ago she told me on the way home from school that she had invited a few people to the hospital. Then she named some from our family and about 3 or 4 kids from her class at school. She was determined that they would all be there. It's really funny, and a joy to see her experience this pregnancy in her own way. She's so loving and caring.
Tomorrow is my 8th wedding anniversary to Brian. It's very exciting. Mackenzi is going to stay with Natasha and Jeremiah while we go to dinner. It will be fun. We haven't spent much time together lately with all that's been going on. It seems like we're always going in different directions. I'm looking forward to it. I love having my anniversary in December because it does help us to stop doing all the Christmas shopping and decorating and allows us an opportunity to just spend some quality time together.