Okay - so I found this onesie today on Oldnavy.com - "Mommy's little FIRECRACKER '08". Isn't it the cutest? I know that so many are already telling me, attempting to prepare me, warning me, whatever you want to call it - that boys are SO different than girls. I agree, don't get me wrong. There have definitely been some differences that I've noticed already in just getting ready for this little prince.This pregnancy has been completely different than with Mackenzi. Who knows whether it's because I'm having a boy this time or not - all the parental researchers out there (meaning the ones who have birthed children) are telling me that's the reason. . .boys vs girls. . .medical professionals (meaning my doctor - who by the way has had a boy and a girl) tells me that it's basically just the additional hormones - loosening of all the things inside that get moved around when having another baby. . .and not necessarily boys vs girls.
Another notable difference is in the fact that my priorities are somewhat different. Again, is it because of the whole boys vs girls thing - or just second child? I don't know. I had so many things still saved from having Mackenzi - crib, swing, carseat, etc. . .that I didn't have to worry with those things. I don't know if "worry" is even the right word, to "occupy my attention" may be better. Still no definite answer as to the reason - with Levi, we have a room available for him, we're not just trying to make a tiny space work. So, I have the luxury of planning how I want his room to look - painting, furniture, window treatments, etc. . .
Clothing is definitely a difference. When I was pregnant with Mackenzi, so many told me how wonderful it was that I was having a girl, because girl clothes shopping was SO much more fun than boy clothes shopping. I have been blessed to be a recipient of many hand-me-downs for Levi. I was given many clothes with Mackenzi - but I guess there was that excitement when I would walk into a store and see all of the sweet little dresses, bows, shoes, socks, etc. I have definitely been enjoying checking out all the little boy things - plaid shorts, cute little baseball hats, precious shoes, fun little car toys. . .and so I am not feeling the pain of shopping for boys yet that everyone has told me about. They seem to have a variety of things. . .maybe it's just been the 5 year time span, I don't know, more variety. But, it seems to me that I'll have fun regardless. I know I've helped with my nephews' clothes shopping and that's a lot of fun.
One thing though, with the clothing - and it has encouraged this blog - is that I haven't been too anxious about what Levi will wear home from the hospital. I seriously have an abundance of hand-me-downs to go through and I've bought a few little outfits. One, unfortunately I bought and left in the shopping cart at Kohls, never to be seen again - even after my mom's attempt to go back within 30 minutes and my phone call to the store the next day. But, nevertheless, I wasn't too terribly upset. It was frustrating, mostly that I left it there. . .I was attempting to coordinate a little onesie to go under the little jumper. Oh well. Brian and I have sort of coined the phrase, "Our little firecracker!" and so when I saw this onesie at Old Navy, I just had to buy it! I called the store to see if they sell them in there, and they don't. So, I bought it online. It is so cute, and so appropriate! Much cheaper than Kenzi's going home outfit, that's for sure. So, I guess in some ways, that's one of the differences between boys and girls. Which, for those of you who know me, saving money on something is always a plus! I do love that it has the year he's born too.
1 comment:
I love the outfit! Boys are definetley much easier to shop for but it can get expensive too!!! Old Navy is the way to go for boy...affordable too.
Post a Comment