Wednesday, March 5, 2008

22 Weeks Pregnant

What an amazing opportunity it is to be carrying a baby perfectly forming in my belly. It has truly been a blessing thus far, and I know that it will only continue. Sure, there have been times that I've been scared, scared, and well, more scared. . .but, God has always been in control. Even in the times that I wasn't aware or allowing myself to believe He was in control, He was. It's easy now, that I feel Levi moving all the time to let myself get caught up in other things. . .like, the nursery - what color will we paint the walls, what bedding will we choose. . .how will we take care of all the things that already are in Levi's room - that need to be put somewhere else?! Where's the trust in all of that? Believing and knowing that it will all come in time. . .and to not worry myself so much about it. Friends at work tell me I'm feeling this way because I'm pregnant - and while that may be true - I am reminded that this little prince in my belly is the most important part of this pregnancy. . .not whether I'll have his room perfect for his arrival, or whether everything will work the way I plan it to. . .but, I'm reminded of the miracle that God has formed. . .growing. . .kicking. . .moving. . .and I'm humbled.
I decided to finally take a picture of me - it was the Friday before I was 22 weeks. . .pretty good depiction of my belly. . .although the shirt is very concealing. . .this growing belly is evidence of God's goodness in our lives and I don't want to let a moment go by that I let myself lose sight of that!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea!! I can finally comment on your blog!!! Thank you!

First of all, you're adorable!!! Look how cute you are! I'm of course about 6 times bigger than you. LOL!!

Secondly, you sound like you're doing so much better and I'm so happy to hear it! Those precious kicks are such a comforting confirmation that everything's okay, aren't they?

This is so exciting and I'm so thrilled that our boys are going to be the same age!! Of course, mine may wind up being a few weeks older than Levi, but it'll be so much fun when we get together!!

Lindsey said...

So, where's an update??? You're 27 weeks now!!