We have this incredible story of our first kiss. . .I was waiting near where Brian parked one day. He was to get out of spanish class and I was boldly waiting for him. Of course I had my backpack filled with "things" to be working on while I was waiting, so it wouldn't appear that I was just waiting on him, even though that's what I was doing.
He came around the corner, was talking with a couple of people - then his eyes met mine - and it was in that second that I knew that my waiting for him was exactly what made him smile. I was comforted in knowing that he returned my interest in him. We sat on the curb for several hours that afternoon. One of my friends walked by and saw us - then came back by after her class was over - we were still sitting there, on that curb - just talking.
It was that afternoon on September 30th that we shared our first kiss. His story is different than mine! He says that I was more pursuing of him - but I say that I just gave him reassurance that it was o.k. to kiss me - he was that kind of gentleman - and waited for my "approval." Nonetheless, we shared our first kiss on the curb at DBU - overlooking Mountain Creek Lake.
This curb became very special to us - when we would leave school for a weekend, or a holiday - we would go to the curb and pray together and spend that moment there together. And, year after year - this one being our 10th, we've returned to DBU to remember that afternoon and to thank Jesus for our lives together. Five years ago we had the opportunity to thank God for the life that was growing inside me. It has been such a joy to have this place where we can go and feel the flood of the memories that we shared in the first two years of our life together.
This year going to the curb was a bit different - you see, DBU is growing so much and now, instead of our curb, there is a construction site where they plan to build a chapel. Fortunately for us, there was a beautiful gazebo between the buildings where we camped out and said our thanksgivings to God. It was there this year that we took pictures of our family.
Just to catch up to this year - here are the pictures that we have that are digital from going to the Curb on September 30th each year.
2003 - Year 4 years of marriage - Mackenzi was just 3 months old

2004 - Year 5 of our marriage - Mackenzi was just 15 months old
2005 - Year 6 of our marriage - Kenzi was just over 2 years old (somehow this year we didn't take one big family picture - we ended up with separate pictures with Mackenzi)

2006 - Year 7 of our marriage - Mackenzi was just over 3 years old
Year 8 of our marriage - Mackenzi is just over 4 years old
3 comments:
Awww!! I'm crying here!
I'm remembering the prayers that were said that previous summer. I remember how thankful I was when you found your "King Solomon" and how excited I was when you called me and said that you were sitting there with your fiance!! I recently found all my pictures from your wedding and had a huge walk down memory lane! My how time flies and how our lives have changed thanks to these wonderful, Godly men we call our husbands!
I am sitting here playing with this - and then I see that there's another vote! It's so crazy how this stuff works! I love that your picture shows up when you send a comment! That's cool. I know - I can't believe 10 years have gone by either - it's so crazy. I would love to find pictures we've taken before I had my digital and add them!
I love you guys so much. So many memories that are so precious. I hope that someday I'm able to remember something so amazing and miraculous. Keep taking care of each other! Huge hugs and love!!!
Post a Comment